The CEIAG – (Careers Education Information Advice Guidance) provision in a Delta Academy has been designed to positively support you to acquire the educational, social and employability skills necessary for lifelong success in a diverse and changing world of work. Our Careers Programme is personalised to the academy in conjunction with our partners at Progress Careers
Careers Education and is provided though:
- Subject Lessons, – Information and discussions in with a subject specific focus to help you make decisions about careers based on subject knowledge and transferable skills.
- Tutorials, Assemblies & EPC Lessons – Discussions and resources about the local market information, growth job sectors and
- Drop down Days – Events such as employability days
Information, Advice & Guidance is provided through:
- Careers Cafes & Careers Fairs – Employers, Colleges and Universities will visit the school on a regular basic to talk to you about their industry and how to train and qualify for role in that sector.
- Progress Careers Portal – an app that links students straight to their careers advisor and can support them with labour market information to help them make a decision about their future.
- Results Service – a team of advisors will be able to talk through your needs on results day to help you confirm your intended destination.
- Qualified 1-2-1 Guidance – You also have access to a qualified careers advisor, who will provide confidential and impartial advice to students on the information they have received or to help guide students to make fully informed decisions.
- Planning for the future – if you have a career idea but want to find out the best route for you or if you have no career ideas our advisors can help you create career ideas around your interests and skills.
- GCSE & A Level Options – Choosing your options and what would best suit you.
- Apprenticeships – Finding work or an apprenticeship, including job hunting techniques including mock interviews.
- Traineeships…… if you’re not quite ready for an apprenticeship the careers advisor can help you look at traineeships to develop the skills needed.
- Student showcase – Access to careers advisors in a variety of ways including individual meetings, drop-in sessions, enrichment activities, parents and option evenings and on results days.
- Technology – Information and updates will also be available on notice boards and the websites.
Provider Access Legislation
You must be provided with at least six encounters with approved providers of apprenticeships and technical education.
- Two encounters for pupils during the ‘first key phase’ (year 8 or 9) that are mandatory for all pupils to attend and will be provided by your mainstream school.
- Two encounters for pupils during the ‘second key phase’ (year 10 or 11) that are mandatory for all pupils to attend are provided at St Wilfrid’s Academy.
Careers & Provider Access Policy & Destination Data
You will find this policy on the statutory page.
Leader of Careers Miss H Morrice firstname.lastname@example.org
Careers advisor Sophie Short email@example.com
FE/HE, Provider & Employer contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a member of the South Yorkshire Careers Hub
Telephone: 01302 562540