- Information, Advice & Guidance: One-to-one support
We feel that it is important that our students receive impartial and unbiased careers information, advice and guidance to help them make informed decisions, support them in unlocking their potential and move them towards realising their ambitions.
The world of education and work is changing, with new courses, pathways and careers emerging. We are here to help our students navigate through these changes.
Our students can access our qualified Careers Adviser, Helen Green for one-to-one support.
She can support students with:
- Planning for the future – discussing careers/jobs and the best routes into them
- Generating career ideas
- Choosing options and what suites them best
- Choosing and applying for a course – University or College
- Completing application forms, CVs and letters of application
- Finding work or an apprenticeship
- Job hunting techniques including mock interviews
To book an appointment call Helen on 07944 270 163 or email email@example.com. Students can also request an appointment by calling into the careers room when Helen is in the academy or by asking teachers.
If parents/carers wish to attend their son or daughters' careers interview or just want to chat about their child’s future, they can ring school, email or give Helen a call.
Information, Advice & Guidance: Online
For careers information look on the following websites:
Other Useful Websites
National Citizen Service - a government programme for 16-17 year olds to build confidence and independence https://wearencs.com/what-is-ncs
Voluntary opportunities - https://do-it.org
For information on careers, local educational establishments (including sixth forms, colleges and training providers look on www.startindoncaster.com.
Please click below to access the Doncaster Council brochure:
- Doncaster Council Brochure(3.77 MB)