Student Quick Links
Welcome to the Delta St. Wilfrids Online Academy
Click here for email and the Online Academy
Accessing the Online Academy
All staff and students have a Microsoft 365 account that gives them full access to the Online Academy. To log in staff and students should click on the “Quick Links” tab at the bottom of the website.
The user account looks like this: email@example.com
A password will be issued in school and the user will be asked to change this when they first login. If a user forgets their password they can reset it by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All students should know their usernames and passwords. If you have any issues with this please send an email to email@example.com detailing your child’s name and if known, username.
Microsoft 365 – Are you a team player?
The Online Academy gives all staff and students access to The Delta Academy – online. This includes Outlook Email and Calendar, One Drive Cloud Storage, Teams Classrooms, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and many more of the Microsoft 365 packages to use where ever they may be in the world.
The Learning Team - Online
- Students in all situations will follow their normal timetable and this will be accessible from home in their calendar.
- All lessons
- The Online Academy will be used to enhance all face to face learning, and give students 24 7 access to learning resources, revision and collaborative learning opportunities. Each subject will tailor this to best support the pedagogy for that subject area.
- Students who have to self-isolate will follow their normal timetable at home. They would access the work they need to do independently, in the Working from Home Team for their Year group, on Microsoft Teams
- Partial Bubble or Whole School Lockdown
- Students who are part of any partial bubble or whole school lockdown will access online face to face remote learning the very next day. This will be with their normal teacher on Microsoft Teams.
The Pastoral Team - Online
- Each student will also be part of a team with their Personal Learning Assistant in the Pastoral Team. This will be where students will get updates, support, well-being and safeguarding information and keep in direct contact with the whole pastoral team
Additional Online Learning
Key Stage 3
The Oak National Academy have also created lessons for pupils here
Key Stage 4
Additional work will also be set and/or accessed on the following websites (click to access):
Student Safeguarding and Wellbeing
Should you need to contact our dedicated Safeguarding team, please use the links below:
Deborah Cartwright, Designated Safeguarding Lead: 07964 904 800
Jane Tomlinson, Deputy DSL: 07583 669 178
Gail Wilkinson, Deputy DSL: 07944 449 658
Dirk Pittard, Head of Academy: 07791 542 205
Please note all email is monitored and all emails are logged and saved, therefore please use this facility responsibly.
Other Online Learning Sites:
Link to information on Internet Safety
Link to Think U Know
Link to NSPCC
Useful links for young people regarding mental health issues:
Link to Relax Like A Boss; a site that helps people to deal with stress.
Link to Chipper Birds; Why Bird Music Is Great For Relaxation, Stress And Anxiety